You started or took over your business to provide a better life for you and your family. It’s a lot of work, which you imagined, but now the work is all-consuming and you’re starting to question if it’s worth it. Do these signs of burnout apply to you?
- You can’t remember the last time you took a vacation.
- You work seven days a week, seemingly every week.
- You show up when you’re sick, injured, or should otherwise be recuperating.
- You miss family events – your kids’ games, concerts or plays, or even holidays.
- You lack hobbies or how to take an interest in anything besides your industry.
Restore Your Work-Life Balance
There are ways to get back on track to lessen your load, freeing up time to enjoy the wealth you’ve built.
Start by making a list of everything you have to do to run your business. We mean everything from working with customers to cleaning toilets and all the tasks in between.
Separate those jobs into two categories: those things you enjoy doing and the tasks you dislike.
Now take the “dislike” column and see where you can delegate responsibilities to an employee or if it’s something that could be outsourced. For example, maybe an employee could receive deliveries instead of you. Maybe you can outsource payroll to a third-party.
“But I don’t have the money to outsource.”
That’s where we come in. ClearPath Advisors knows taxes, insurance, accounting, payroll, investments, and business consulting. You’d be amazed at the ways we’ve helped clients save money, redistribute funds to earn more, or limit our service costs’ impact to the bottom line. Your time is valuable, but you also need to ask yourself, how much is your free time worth?